Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do i take my experience as a certified nursing assistant (cna) and put it in a resume to change fields.?

I have been a cna for almost 10 years and would liket to change fields. Yet, all my experience is in the healthcare field. How do I take that experience and put it in a resume to change into another field...such as in customer service... I feel that I have customer service experience due to the fact I work directly with people everyday and answer to several people all day... I want to change career fields but I need a good resume thats going to make employers want to see me... Can anyone tell me how to do this? HELP!!!!How do i take my experience as a certified nursing assistant (cna) and put it in a resume to change fields.?
The first thing to do is make an inventory of your transferable skills. To do this exercise, you need some quiet, pad of paper and your thinking cap. Here is what you do.



List all of the task and responsibilities you have handled while being a nursing assistant. Once you have that list, review it carefully and then line by line consider ';THE BENEFIT YOUR PATIENT OF EMPLOYER RECEIVED'; from each of the activities.



From this completed inventory, you'll be able to write a resume that is so much more than just an outline of where you have been. Transferable skills are the goal here. For example I would guess that a nursing assistant can handle:



Crisis management - ability to make rapid decisions and seek qualified guidance when situations suddenly change.



Keen prioritizing skills. Ability to prioritize multiple activities and events against the backdrop of mission critical environment.



Do you see the direction this is going? Good luck.How do i take my experience as a certified nursing assistant (cna) and put it in a resume to change fields.?
http://www.rileyguide.com/resprep.html#t鈥?/a>
As a CNA, you have covered just about all aspects of customer relations. that alone in a resume, will get you far. I like the way you worded your experience in your own question. I would write this is a cover letter, and just include all employers in your resume. Your new job is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment