Sunday, November 21, 2010

Need help with resume and career change?

I just graduated from A technical school and got a AA degree in legal studies (Paralegal), sadly I have absolutely no office experience. All of my experience has been related to a factory floor. How do I set up a resume to ';get the foot in the door';Need help with resume and career change?
Do you have any interning/volunteer experience in a law office? If not, then here's what I would say:



Objective: An entry-level position as a paralegal (possibly paralegal trainee) to further my professional experience



Experience: Whatever your jobs are



Proficient in: Whatever computer programs you can use



You may have a difficult time finding a job with no office experience so I suggest you try a temp agency to get the office experience (they will test your proficiency in various programs and also your typing speed).



After you have gained some office experience, try a temp agency which specializes in legal staffing positions.



You may also have to start out as a receptionist or legal secretary to gain the necessary law office experience.



Check the career center at your school; perhaps they have some contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment