Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I make a successful career change into the administrative field from a clerical position?

I do data entry for a company and I would like to move into the administrative field how do I market my clerical skills so that they will impress future employers?How can I make a successful career change into the administrative field from a clerical position?
You make sure that your resume is one that highlights your skill sets first, then your education, and work experience. Go to http://www.monster.com and look at a wide variety of administrative assistant jobs and look at the skills that they are seeking and make sure that you have those skill sets. If you don't have them, get them. Many of the skill sets required for admin jobs you can teach yourself at home in the evenings until you have acquired them.How can I make a successful career change into the administrative field from a clerical position?
You need to take some classes in Office Software because that is a necessity for Administrative work.

Try an Employment Agency. They often offer classes to improve your skills and place you in the jobs you are looking for. This is a great untapped entrance to the field you're looking at.

Dress more professionally. Data entry is considered a non-communicative and non-professional job. Act more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment