Friday, November 19, 2010

What is the best way to make a career change from retail management to office management?

I need more of a 9-5 job and I can't get that in retail. I have 15 years of retail management experience. How can I take my organizational and personnel skills into an office setting? What is the best position to apply for than entry level office clerk?What is the best way to make a career change from retail management to office management?
I did exactly this--except I had only ten years of the retail management. I actually started out in the offices of a retail organization. It is a tough ladder to climb, but can be done. I went out of my way to teach myself the latest programs, methods,etc to familiarize myself with these things. Reason being...even if I only used a little on that first job, it was something I could add to my resume. Since then, and ten years later...my niche is in marketing now. Getting the admin job is no longer a problem and I can target where I can go.



The bad news is you will probably have to take a pay cut to start out. I did, but I still don't regret it. The tradeoff is more time at home and a normal schedule. At the time, I travelled for my job and it was like heaven to be at home.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment