Friday, November 19, 2010

I am looking into a career change that would require a move to a new state. How about some pros/cons?

I currently live outside of Philadelphia, PA and the move would be to the resort areas in Southern Delaware. I feel the company is reputable enough. I only wonder what it would be like leaving everyone including my in-laws (YEAH), friends, etc. Not to mention what is it like living in the Rehobeth, DE area? Anything you can help with would be really appreciated.I am looking into a career change that would require a move to a new state. How about some pros/cons?
First and foremost you have to think about what's best for your family. If making more money, living in a better area, having a more secure future is on the table, take it. I did it and it's been wonderful. My children are in better schools and we will be able to send them to college now. My family comes to visit on holidays or we go visit them. Long distance phone calls are basically free now and the internet keeps us all in touch. It's not hard to make new friends and it sure is nice to leave old baggage behind and start fresh.I am looking into a career change that would require a move to a new state. How about some pros/cons?
I used to live in Delaware. Every part of that state sucks. The people have a trailer park mentality. They see nothing wrong with leaving the house without their teeth. The state has a smell. There is no culture whatsoever. Delaware is not a suburb of Philly, like you would think. It's a completely different animal.



Delaware is truly the ball sweat of the country.



I've moved quite a bit. The first move away from family is always hard, but you visit during the holidays, or more often. You leave knowing that they love you.
i got a job and had to move from atl to calgary canda. i costs a small fortune make sure you are cover finacially. the moving thing was fun meeting new people just keep in mind your phone bill will increase as local become long distance. When moving and starting out the best thing you can do is create a budget and timeline with goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment