Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Have you made or tried to make a career change after several years in the same field ?

Were you successful, how did you manage to make the change ?Have you made or tried to make a career change after several years in the same field ?
I am still young in the career-world, but in my experience, i have gone from one field to another within my career. Graduating from college as an english major, i started my career as a writer. Now i work for an internet marketing company, which has nothing to do with writing (hardly anything). So far it has been successful. The hardest part about it is that i lack the passion for this that i have for writing. But I know in time i will adjust and enjoy it more. Plus, the new skills i am learning will only strengthen my resume should any other changes come along. Have you made or tried to make a career change after several years in the same field ?
was a meat-cutter, hazmat-team, safety-team for 3 1/2 yrs now doing government contract work. this is harder than my last job. isn't getting any easier. just takes time, still learning new things everyday. patience, faith. it' been 1 1/2 since my last position which i was respected this new job well people just don't care about the past. you have to earn respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment