Friday, November 19, 2010

How to avoid changing career, when you have decided your career?

This is what happen: After I focused in one career for 6 months, then my mind wonder for other careers possibility ( this make my time split, half of it doing that one career, half of it trying to find other careers )



I guess in my case, this is the result if motivation or liking factor not one of consideration of choosing career, I could be motivated to do anything.



How could I solve this? ( when I like every career and I think all careers could be fun )How to avoid changing career, when you have decided your career?
I don't know how old you are, so please feel free to throw away any or all of the answer if it doesn't fit! I wonder how much time you have spent considering careers before choosing one to follow. A lot of people just go for a career--for lots of reasons--without really thinking it through. If you are young and just considering careers, it may be really normal to wonder about what your life would be like doing many different things. I think that it is REALLY important to like what it is that you do for a career. The chances of doing it well are increased if you like what you do. And if you do get into a career and decide that you don't like it, you can always change careers, even if it is difficult at times.



Two years ago, at our annual religious service to honor all those who had graduated from high school and college, one of the boys who won one of our scholarships said something that really makes sense to me when he was giving his acceptance speech. He said that he had chosen the career that he wanted to follow because his father told him to try a lot of things out through internship programs and to choose to do something with his life that he liked to do so well that he would do it for free. That just made so much sense to me. I personally like my career so much that I would do it for free if I had to! Most people though fall somewhere in the middle I think--they often don't really like what they do, but they don't really hate it either. Life's just like that sometimes I guess.



Good luck with whatever you choose!How to avoid changing career, when you have decided your career?
It's all a gamble, where you live, where you work, who your spouse is, who your friends are, etc.



Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

That is the chance you have to take.



Don't expect the best! It rarely happens.

Most of us get snake eyes.
Sounds like you have a making decision problem. Make a decision and stick to it. Or if you are young try out different careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment