Sunday, November 21, 2010

I have been afraid of career change?

I have been a server for resturants for years and want a new career doing something else, but have no experience in anything else. How do I go about finding a new career and without having to go to school right now?I have been afraid of career change?
Find a copy of ';What Color Is Your Parachute?'; in your local library - it was designed for folks in just your situation.I have been afraid of career change?
I did the same thing. I left restaurants for an office job.



I found that I like computers and figured out a way to use that skill to get in to the office. Try receptionist jobs. Use your guest service background to get you into something that the people will teach you the rest.



Send out as many applications, resumes or whatever to get good at interviewing again. Tell the future employer what's in it for them to hire you, not what you want to do. Be passionate about service, about life, about working there and you'll get out of the restaurant business!



Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment