Sunday, November 21, 2010

I have a BA in English but want to change to a career in Marketing. Will a Masters help or do I need a degree

I am currently teaching but want to change careers. I have a BA in English and a PGCE in English, Media and Drama. All the Marketing jobs I have come across require a Marketing degree or qualification. Would a Masters in Marketing be enough to get me a job or would I need to have a degree in Marketing?



Any general information on how to make myself more employable in a Marketing position would also be much appreciated.



ThanksI have a BA in English but want to change to a career in Marketing. Will a Masters help or do I need a degree
I have an English degree and was a teacher before moving into Sales. I can't speak to marketing per se but found I didn't need a degree to get into sales. I highly recommend B2B sales -- the money is potentially terrific, it's my impression you have more control than you do in marketing and after teaching the pressure of sales doesn't seem that intense. Sellingpower.com publishes a list of companies that have good sales training programs for sales people, salesguy.org publishes various lists on selling and has a good newsletter and millerheiman.com has a good newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment