Friday, November 19, 2010

I need information on how to change careers outside my degree?

I have a BS in Accounting and an MBA and have worked at a state university for 15 years (4 years purchasing and 11 years research administration--grants %26amp; contracts accounting).



Currently I am working as a budget analyst for a NASA contractor. I would like to change careers and work in public relations or government relations.



How do I change careers and emphasize my MBA rather than accounting when applying for jobs that require a business degree?I need information on how to change careers outside my degree?
You can do this by emphasizing transferable skills - so what does the desired career require in skill-set that you possess in present job? Make certain those things are highlighted - and even with an MBA, you may have to take a pay cut bcz you do not have field experience - accept that but do not accept someone low-balling you into poverty :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment