Sunday, November 21, 2010

Career change: how do I get into magazine editing? I have a finance background.?

I have been thinking recently of a career change. I graduated with a Business %26amp; French degee and have been working for the last two years in finance. I live in London and would love to get into magazine editing. I think I'm much better with words than numbers! Where would I even begin to find a way to get into the industry?



Prefereably I'd love to get into fashion / lifestyle magazine work but I am clueless as to where I'd start. How does one build their way up in such an industry?



Am I at a total disadvantage with 2 years finance experience?Career change: how do I get into magazine editing? I have a finance background.?
I put 'magazine editing' into the search bar and there are a few sites you could look at and books about it you could buy.I would imagine a grounding in journalism would help.My son is a graphic designer for a magazine publisher and loves his job.Career change: how do I get into magazine editing? I have a finance background.?
I suggest shadowing workers on magazine editing. Therefore ur'll get alot of experience and one of them may even take you up. Also u culd go bk to skool and take a media course. That wuld help alot to.

No comments:

Post a Comment