Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to encourage my husband to change careers?

My husband hates his job. His dream job is to be a music video director, and he has been working at this for 10 yrs with no luck. I am trying to encourage him to look elsewhere in the same industry that may be more 'realistic' (of course not saying that directly) such as film editor. He also says he has no idea what he wants to do with his life. I suggest going to school to increase skills, but he says no way. This conversation has been repeating itself for at least three yrs, and resulted in him still at the same job. What should I do? I suggested the 'what color is my parachute book', and he looked at it but did not like it. Any suggestions, I feel really stuck!How to encourage my husband to change careers?
he is stuck and leary of change- until he hates the job enough - he won't budge- you have done your part and then some- just keep supporting and encouraging- DHow to encourage my husband to change careers?
He's obviously not listening to you OR he is too stubborn to admit defeat in front of you and really wants this to happen.





You need a third person that is a friend to both of you to understand your point of view and to express it to him. Does he have a friend that you trust and who trusts you that might be able to steer him to another possibility while he can still TRY to pursue his dream??!!
He already knows what he wants to do is not for him.I am sorry,but ten years is really long time to fail.Maybe you shouldn't encourage him.If he triys and fails again,he would be devastated.Just let him think about his future.I hated what i was doing for 11 years.But during that time i was so good at it,that every time i tried to quit,they would give me a raise or extra something.My point is i would feel the same for trying something for 10 years and failing.There is something that i loves to do and he is good at it.Just let him find out what it is on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment