Sunday, November 21, 2010

My wife wants a career change. How can we persuade her employer to lay her off?

She has been with this employer for over 20 years, so severence pay would be close to a years pay if 2 weeks were given per year of service. Another factor is that she's on her 3rd manager in 4 years, so she doesn't have a long track record with current management.My wife wants a career change. How can we persuade her employer to lay her off?
Is the company planning to lay off people? If not, there is not much you can do about it. If they are, just tell management that if they are having difficulty deciding who to let go, that she will volunteer to be the first to go.



When my company was closing, I told my supervisor that I wanted to be the first laid off and they honored my request.My wife wants a career change. How can we persuade her employer to lay her off?
Just tell her employer she started smoking weed...
So if she's not happy she should quit .... what is this that she wants to be laid off and draw a severance ?? They don't owe her that.



If the grass is greener on the other side, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment