Friday, November 19, 2010

Want to change career after having a baby. Midwifery?

Hi there, i am looking for a little advice....my baby daughter is now 7 months old and its time to make some decisions! I would be due to return to work in the next few months and am thinking for applying for a career break of 1 year to look after her and the decision i need to make is do i go back to my job (which im not happy in) or do i take the time whilst i am off to study for a new career? i am 26 now and would love to study Midwifery but i have found out is is a 3 year commitment and i am currently trying to figure out how long is spent in the classroom vs placement but im wondering if any of you know of any other jobs/careers that involve working with children/babies? more so i would prefer something helping women during the pregnancies/giving birth - is there anything else other than being a midwife that can be as rewarding? or not such a long study commitment before? im not really interested in nursery nurse/child minder. I feel i would not get this chance again to study if i don't take this chance now and i feel if i were to return to my usual job i'll be there forever!! any ideas/advice would be great. Thanks xWant to change career after having a baby. Midwifery?
You can also look into being a Douala or a lactation consultant. I'm not sure what the time commitment is for either of these things, but I imagine it would be a lot less than midwifery.



Good luck on whatever you choose!Want to change career after having a baby. Midwifery?
3 years? Are you already a RN? Certified nurse midwives are RNs who do additional training to be a midwife. You have to have at least a bachelor's degree to enter the program and some states require a masters (like being a nurse practitioner) to enter the midwife program.



I know my degree won't get me into the program... you gotta have a bachelor's of science in nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment