Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I make a major career change without sacrficing my lifestyle?

I'm currently working in automotive purchasing but want to do something completely different, say advertising or psychology. Short of selling my house and car and going back to school or taking classes at night for the next 6 years, is there anything I can do to get out of this?How do I make a major career change without sacrficing my lifestyle?
if you really want major changes in your life, not only in career, sometimes, there are thing that needs to be sacrificed, in order for you to achieve that goal! But with the sacrifices you've made, you can get that back after you reach your dreams. Just dont think of the trials / problems that comes in your life... for your experience, would teach you to face the trials in life, and i believe, you are strong enough to face the consequences and problems. just dont give up! Life is beautiful, dont focus yourself on your lifestyle alone... im sure, you'll get that done in no time. Good Luck!How do I make a major career change without sacrficing my lifestyle?
From your use of expressions like ';major career change';, ';sacrificing';, ';something completely different,'; ';for the next 6 years';, and ';get out of this';, I sense that you might have to do more research on the actual facts or determine more precisely your options.



I say this because the more precise the information you have, the better your decision will be.



Also, you mention going into either ';advertising'; or ';psychology';, which are two very different fields. I understand your interest in those fields, I'm actually fascinated too by advertising and psychology!



In terms of a career decision, I think you could benefit from creating more options and determining, for EACH option, the costs and benefits and the probability of success (for example, there are more jobs in advertising/marketing than in psychology).



A career decision is very much like a business decision: all the relevant facts must be in your hands before you are in a position of mental clarity and can make the best decision.



Good luck!
  • turn my nails yellow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment