Friday, November 19, 2010

Career change - How do I begin a career doing special effects for movies?

I'm in my early 40s and am accountant. My dream job has always been to do special effects for movies, both computer generated and miniature. I already build beautiful miniatures and think I would do great. So where and how do I start this move? Something else too, one of my coworkers told me its too late and that I was too old - I don't agree, what do you think?Career change - How do I begin a career doing special effects for movies?
Don't believe in any discouragement, you are not old!!!

Read this to help you start your career:

http://www.fxsupply.com/features/careers鈥?/a>

Good luck.Career change - How do I begin a career doing special effects for movies?
You already have a knack for building miniatures so that is where your focus should be. So much of the special effects we see on screen these days are CG but there is still a demand for model builders and miniature builders.



If you wanted to do CG special effects you would have to go back to school and learn 3d modelling and texture mapping, among other things. Unless you are already doing these things as a hobby then I would say that you're too old to break into computer generated special effects.



Most importantly, from this day on, you have to ask yourself ';what did I do today to get me closer to my dream job?';



If you have no answer to that question day after day then you're obviously not that dedicated to the dream and you should probably just give up. You have chosen a dream job that requires a tremendous amount of talent and commitment to realize. You will have to work extremely hard to turn a hobby into a career.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment