Sunday, November 21, 2010

Career Change: Can anyone offer any advice about what might suit me and how to go about it??

I am 25 and have a first class degree in literature. I am also a qualified English teacher in a secondary school (this is my current job) and speak reasonably fluent French. I have good computer and telephone skills and can train employees. I am good at being organised and am not afraid of hard work.



I really need to earn more than 拢25,000 and I don't want to work in sales, recruitment or marketing. I love literature and travelling and am very creative and artistic. Can anyone think of a job that might suit me and if so, how to go about getting into it?Career Change: Can anyone offer any advice about what might suit me and how to go about it??
Have you ever thought about getting into prison education? I worked in the FE sector for years and the move into offender ed was the best thing i ever did.

Mail me direct if you'd like to chat it through.Career Change: Can anyone offer any advice about what might suit me and how to go about it??
pokemonlegends.forumcommunity.net/
Try advertising. You can combine all those skills for that.
big industry human resources - training and development - good luck - you are at the great age that is a new beginning - i wish i had made the change like you are doing. you have courage
Could you do a freelance journalist course to boost your income?
You can explore on your own at Washington state employment office web site.
Have you ever thought of teaching core french, or french immersion? I am not sure the equivalent but teachers in Canada make around $40,000 to start and go up to $80,000+. If you like to travel, you could stay a year at a school and move on. They are so in demand that you will be able to travel any where in Canada pretty much.



In Canada if you know French you have it made, any job you can think of in English you can do and have a really good chance of being hired if you know french as well.
why dont you try working with the international relations, i bet this will help with your 'pay'
You have got many good suggestions already but if you need some more food for thoughts and some fun while doing it,

just take a career aptitude test like this http://gsx1.com/free-aptitude-test.html it's free and you will be given results at the end, sometimes even jobs, and

there's a couple more tests here too http://www.job--listings.info/

hope it helped, take care and good luck!
Hello, you could look at becoming a translator, you could work along side the police or immigration, my friend does this and she loves it, she travels around the UK and Europe, she earns good money well over 拢25,000 not sure how much the start rate is but she has gone self employed which suits her as she can pick and choose her hours.

You say you love literature, travelling and you are creative and artistic, why not combine them all and write a travel series from children or a light hearted book on foreign exchange trips there must be many funny stories on that subject and the research would be great fun.

best wishes and good luck to you.x

No comments:

Post a Comment