Friday, November 19, 2010

I want to change careers from elementary school teaching to forensics. What do I do?

I have been wanting to change careers for a while now but want to avoid getting another B.S. How can I get into the field of forensics by taking graduate courses only? Or, Can anyone give me any info on how I can get into this field at all?I want to change careers from elementary school teaching to forensics. What do I do?
Grad courses is a great idea. Is there a college nearby you that offers them?I want to change careers from elementary school teaching to forensics. What do I do?
Usually B.S. jobs require you to get B.S. degrees. I'm not sure if there's a way around it. Either way, you're going to have to overwork yourself.
The best way to gain some info on the profession is to talk to people who do it! I know that the large university that I attended had a forensics department. Check with your local colleges and see if you can talk to someone there for more information. Good luck!
You will probably need to take some courses prior to working on a Master's degree as there are bound to be some requirements that you have not met (medical, biological, etc).

Your best bet is to contact universities that offer the degree program you are interested in and asking them what their requirements are.
You'll probably need another degree and maybe two of them. Undergrad and Grad. Contact a local university and ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment