Friday, November 19, 2010

I want to change career?

I'm 23. In a nutshell I was in a bad relationship for 3 years and never got the chance to go to uni. When I got out of it my parents convinced me to go and study media. Which I have. It turns out I'm good at camera work and they think I'm gonna have a career in tv.

But I don't want this! Maybe later in my career, but for now I want a stable office job. Maybe in web design or advertising, maybe even work for charity (web design was part of my uni course.) I would feel much more happy and stable in a job like this at this stage of my life. I am also enjoying dance lessons and will see where this goes too, but enjoying it as a hobby for now. The thought of working on camera day in and day out is depressing me and I feel I'm being pushed to doing it with everyone having high hopes for me.

How do I go about getting the sort of job I want? (Any advice from people who have changed career would be great.) And how do i tell my parents about it. I don't want to disappoint them, but can't face working in media right now.

Thanks.I want to change career?
Recommendations for going for a web design or advertising job is to have projects to show off to the company you want to interview with. Show them what work you can do. Such as a web designed pages. Maybe take some courses in Adobe Photoshop and other courses related to webdesign. Maybe on the side do Videography for weddings (ur still doing camera but its not day in day out)I want to change career?
To be honest, in the currernt economic climate, you're best just getting a job where you can earn money. Put what you really want on the back burner because there aren't many places where people can say that their jobs are safe.



Right now, survival comes first. Hopefully this recession won't last very long but I fear that there are so many things we're being kept in the dark over. And I think we should be told now!
  • under eye concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment