Monday, December 12, 2011

Thinking about a career change - IT Recruitment to Movie Agent?

I have been an IT Agent for the past 14 months. I have succesfully built relationships with some of the best IT consultants/largest firms in the business.



I would like to move from the east coast and head out to LA to be able to find my calling - Movie Agent. I am concerned about the steps I have to tack top get there. How should I go about the change??Thinking about a career change - IT Recruitment to Movie Agent?
The saying ';its not what you know but who you know'; holds true here. I would definitely not discourage someone who wants to change careers but in order to change industry you will need to get connected.



First it would be a good idea to get a job with a agency firm in LA then learn from them and eventually get the experience to do this on your own. You will probably not get a chance wot represent someone unless you have some related experience. You should consider this a three or four year plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment