Monday, December 12, 2011

I am a nurse and I want to change careers and become a medical coder. How do I do this? Where Do I start?

many people say that I don't need to go back to school for this.

that you just call around and find somone to follow for a couple of months until I get the hang of it? True or False?

Any info would be great!I am a nurse and I want to change careers and become a medical coder. How do I do this? Where Do I start?
You could do well in that career with a backround in nursing. Try a correspondence course to get familiar with the basics:

http://www.pennfoster.edu/medic/index.ht…



I've taken a course from them and I enjoyed it and learned enough to get myself started in a different career. It's not like ';regular'; school - you can work at your own pace and it's a lot less expensive than taking classes. And you get a certificate. But employers will value your nursing background more I think.I am a nurse and I want to change careers and become a medical coder. How do I do this? Where Do I start?
I don't think you'll make near as much money, but I guess it depends on what kind of nurse you are. My mom went to tech school and got certified in medical coding. If you don't know anything about coding seems like you need to go to school. But if you have experience, a doc's office would probably hire you without school.
medical wut?
Medical coding classes are offered on line. I would think with your background that would be all you would need....if that.
  • favourite female name
  • howtoendarelationshipwithsomeon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment