Monday, December 12, 2011

How long would you wait to change career paths?

I graduated college with a bachelors degree last year and it's been almost 1 year since I have worked in a full-time capacity in my field. I'm not strapped for money since I started my own business as an independent contractor in the same field. But I'm ready for the full-time 9 to 5 because being an independent contractor I get paid per assignment and work at least 80 hours a week. I have a bit of experience but don't have the funds to uproot and get internships...I've been applying and not getting anything.



Is it time for me to find another field...with this economy it's hard to find full-timers. Maybe go back and get my teaching certification or a masters degree in another field is possible.



Thoughts????How long would you wait to change career paths?
You should change earlier rather than later. For example, my sister wanted to switch from Telecom to HR. At 28 she thought the pay difference was too great and couldn't afford to lose the money. Well, at 31 she'd had enough an really wanted to switch. Now the pay difference was even great. Plus, it's hard to get an entry level job when you're 30. If you can afford to change now, do it. Good luck!
  • pets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment