Monday, December 12, 2011

How does one change his/her career?

I have been in the IT industry for several years but now I am tired of it. I want to change my career path and pursue some thing else. Since all my experience is in IT, it is difficult to find a job in a field other than IT. I am sure others have been through this experience. How does one make this transition successfully.How does one change his/her career?
Additional training. What you might want to do is first figure out what you want to do and then try to get certified in this new area if certifications for it exists. That will make you appear serious about changing careers. You may have to start in a lower position and work your way up. Keep in touch with previous colleagues and people whom you've met in the IT industry. If possible, they may be able to hire you for this new career path or recommend you to someone that needs a person in your new career path. If you are having an extremely difficult time changing careers, hire a career coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment