Monday, December 12, 2011

How many times have you changed careers in your life & what were they & what career did you really want to do?

although I've been service careers like stenographer, secretary (technical, expediting, construction, corp trust) secretarial, word processor, admin asst, when it came to careers I chose real estate, paralegal, consulting and human resources. I really wanted accounting and psychology.How many times have you changed careers in your life %26amp; what were they %26amp; what career did you really want to do?
37. Cook, painter, machinist, the list goes on and on. Right now I'm a Facilitator. Now that is a job discription most people have never heard of.How many times have you changed careers in your life %26amp; what were they %26amp; what career did you really want to do?
Gas station attendant

Sales: clothing

US Navy: photographer

Sales: clothing

Sales: clothing

Asst Mgr: 180 apartment complex

Commercial food photographer assistant

Commercial advertising photographer

Started tv production company

Produced and marketed TV series (sold company)

Produced and marketed video titles (sold company)

Owned and marketed rare coins
over 40, in the time i was in high school, i had 18 jobs, pumping gas to characature artist, over the last 30 years, i spent 15 years as a ';temp';, from working in a bio-tech place to drawing switching circuits for the phone company. i've had temp assignments from 4 hours to 12 years, my current job is on it's 16th week (was supposed to be a 6 week assignment). i'd like to win the lotto and travel, maybe become a writer for a travel publication.
Never. I have done modeling on the side - which of course, I would much rather be a model than a Legal Secretary. ;) I've been a Legal Secretary for 16 long years.
My true goal or plan for my life was to go to college and become a physical therapist. As massage and concern for recovery was always inside me . However that never happened because I got blocked and stopped in my tracks, by a major surgery to save my life. At that I just never had the drive for it as before. Especially when I found out it would take me twice as long as they say in the brochure BCEAUSE I never took chemistry in school , because of my health problems.

Then after that I chose to go and study tob e a cna ( nurses aid) If I got in that way I'd begin climbing up from there. I did get my certificate for that, but my health, and my family needing me got me off track again , I wanted to work in the fields of being able to help others get well.

Instead I worked for my parents in their businesses, then when my kids were in school and my son entered kindergarten I began working at the school they attended as a teacher's assistant in classes. I got to work helping kids , and teachers. Seeing the impact my efforts were doing for others around me. As well as being nearby if something happened with my kids.

Then I moved aways from there, and couldnt find full time work here. So I got a part time assignment substituting in classes for the teachers. It's not enough work but it's something. I may get 1 day a week or 1 day a month. I did try other jobs here in between school years here. I worked in fast food places , but The heat and stress people ( bosses) placed on me caused problems there. I got accused of things I wasnt doing because they wanted to get rid of me without being taken to court because they fired me over the fears of me suing them for injuries , over something that wouldnt really of been their fault.

MY true dream outside of therapy , in life was to be a mom and wife ( I am, even though it doesnt pay) From the experience of that, it cemented the roots for what I hope will be a reality. ( something I held out of public view as a child , as that was at the top of my ladder to success, but was also the drive and reason for my direction.) I've ALWAYS wanted to bridge the gaps, and cover the pains of abuse and neglect or because of growing old. I wanted to buy some land, and build retreat / ranch a little ways from the city. Where I could allow the neglected , forgotten elderly, and the abused and ignored , throw away kids. That their parents refuse to shower with love.

I want those 2 generations to bridge that gap, and learn what love and respect are. I want them to help each other learn trades, and experiences that both groups never learned before or knew existed. To grow gardens and make crafts learn to nurture animals and plants. To prove to themselves and the world they are special and bright and will rise above it all to make something of themselves. Because they were able to know they are loved by someone and can learn to repect themselves even if their faimlies or peers never would. So all my hopes and plans present and past all revolved around reaching out and helping people in some points in their lives. Since I know the pains those kind of things can bring.
have law degree, became fire fighter instead, now retired. i now enjoy home renovating.
it is happening by different situation. when situation change, carrier also changed
Only One time i change my Job.
Jack of many trades, but the only thing that really matters is that you are happy. I am:

Certified Childbirth Education Assoc. (CEA)

Certified San Diego Daycare Assoc

Aced my accounting courses.

Ran a construction crew of general laborers.

Worked as a framer (Construction)

Worked my way up from environmental services to certified Caregiver at a hospital and was planning to become a PC when I was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Now I work mainly at enjoying life and highly recommend it. Life is to short. Regardless of what you do for money be sure to work at having fun.

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a famous movie star. It looked glamorous
Well let me see - this all sounds improbable but it's true:



I started (in between collage) in a finance and accounts department

Then I went to medical school for just over 2 years - I gave up because I got interested in computers and I became a programmer and database designer amongst other things.

I got a bit bored with that so I took time out to train as a baker! Didn't like this in the end because of the unsocial hours. But I enjoyed working with food and went on to train as a chef then a pastry chef. And guess what - I'm back where I started working again in the computer industry!! Psychology interests me as well - who knows, maybe time for another change!!
do what you wanna do
I have 4 time changed my careers and we want to change myself at the time of self decision and self control of my managements.
I am currently a nursing student, soon to be RN!



I have been an EMT, a housekeeper, an actress, an artist (I sold paintings I made), and a writer (I still do that too).
I have been doing Information Technology and Data Processing as a programmer, systems analyst, and an application administrator for 6 different companies. I probably would like a job where I can set my own hours and be my own boss. (maybe a home base business)
ok just find someting else that u really want to do as ur career and put ur mind and heart to it that would work.
I'm still in school. But I'm going to take, geography, history, art and Drama.

I want to be a famous Movie Director.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment