Monday, December 12, 2011

In search of a career change. What do I do? Where do I look?

After ten years, I want to do somethign new. The only problem is I don't know qhat I want to do. I'm young and driven with a marketing background, so anything's an option.



Any suggestions where to go to figure out what I would be good for next? Like an aptitude or placement test or something?



How about a job board to find said dream job too?



Thanks!:0)In search of a career change. What do I do? Where do I look?
The best thing ever created for your situation is Monster.com. They have everything. You can take assesment test, create resumes, learn skills. It has been so helpful to me. It is easy to use and best of all, it's free!!





The other website I found useful is Jobdango.com.



I also went to a couple of job placement companies. This was helpful, because they tested me to see what skills I currently have. They placed me with jobs that I was compatible with based on my experience and skills. A lot of them now place full time employees and also offer great benefits!! This gives you the opportunity to try a few different options without making a commitment.

Also Free.



Careerbuilder.com is another one I heard was great for career planning.In search of a career change. What do I do? Where do I look?
read tips on careers and more to help you on this site
Try a certain Flooring Contractor in Jessup, Md. Because either they are going to fire the sales manager, or I am going to quit. P.S I have a funny feeling that you stand a chance of getting hired if I want to stay, BUT DON';T PISS ME OFF OR YOU WILL BE NEXT. ( DON';T TELL JIMMY W.)
Hi, With your marketing background have you ever thought about going into business for yourself? I can recommend a company called Arbonne that might be a great fit for you. You can go to http://www.wonderful.myarbonne.com to check it out and listen about the company. There are link on the right side of the page that you can click on to hear about the company. Alot of people with marketing background have started a business with this company and have done great. You can keep your present job while building your business. What do you have to lose by listening? Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment