Monday, December 12, 2011

I want to change career path...do i need to get another bachelor's degree or should i get a master's degree?

I just graduated with a degree in Criminology %26amp; Investigations with a minor in communications. However, I decided I want to go into human resources (I know I'm a lil late on this one). Anyways, should I get another bachelor's degree or just puruse my master's in human resources. Also, could I possibly get a graduate certificate in hr instead of getting a whole new degree. Or do i need a degree at all? have experience such as clerical and working in offices just no specific hr experience. Please help, I am really confused?



If anyone broke into hr field how did u do it?I want to change career path...do i need to get another bachelor's degree or should i get a master's degree?
If you just graduated, you should first try to see if you can get a job in HR. Even an unpaid internship would be a good resume builder.



A masters in HR doesn't make sense right now. However, if you can't find an HR job by the holidays, you may want to apply for a masters in HR. The economy is poor and at least you'd have a backup plan. A second BA makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment